- small box with lid that can be detached
- sponge or thick felt – I used decorators sponge, if you’d like to use felt, take a look at this tutorial
- scissors, snap-off knife
1. Go to your local charity shop, go through your attic or granny’s room (ask first!) looking for a nice small box (wooden, metal, whatever you like). When you’ll find it, you are at halfway making exceptional chalkboard eraser 🙂
I bought mine for 1,5£ – almost missed it during my second-hand shopping fever.
2. Take the lid off, put it on the sponge and trace the box shape with a marker or pencil. Roughly cut out the shape, then gradually cut off small pieces of the sponge, trimming it to desired shape. Take your time and do it accurately.
3. Only one thing left to do! Glue the lid and sponge together. Voilà!